Baby Hat (03/02)
The lovely bonnet shaped hat can be tied at the neck with a knitted I-Cord. It is suitable for babies aged 0-3 months and is knitted seamlessly in one piece. It starts with a fine row of an accent color on the front edge and is knitted in a pattern made of garter stitches and fine rows of simple eyelet lace pattern which also form the thread-through holes for the contrasting cord.The center back is closed using the 3-needle bind off technique. The pattern for the hat is described row by row in the instructions.
• 25 g COMO Tweed BASALT BLUE (46T)
• 25 g COMO PIGEON BLUE (36)
• 22 sts and 45 rows in garter st, using 4 mm (US 6 / UK 8) needles = 10 x 10 cm / 4” square
• Knitting needles 3.5 mm (US 4/UK 10 or 9)
• Knitting needles 4 mm (US 6 / UK 8)
• 2 dpns size 3 mm (US 2.5 / UK 11)