Slipover Roost (12/11)
The over-sized slipover with long side slits is worked bottom-up mostly in pieces (only the part above the slits is worked in the round for 25 cm). From the armholes up front and back are worked separately. The wide, vertical rib pattern emerges into a cable pattern widening to the sides. The front ends with a straight shoulder line, the back with slanted shoulders, thus the shoulder line is slightly offset to the upper back. Shoulders are joined by three-needle bind-off. A chart for the cable pattern is included.
• COMO 300 (350) g in Slate Grey 28M, 1 stitch marker, 1 wool needle
• 25 sts and 32 rows in basic pattern (unstretched, the pattern is very stretchy) using 4.00 mm (US 6) needles = 10 x 10 cm / 4” square
• Knitting needles size 3.50 and 4.00 mm (US 4 and 6)
• Circumference at bust = 136 (150) cm / 53.5 (59)“
• Length = 79 (83) cm / 31 (32.5)“